By Jenny Carson
Many love to use their motorcycle during long distance trips because it is fast and hassle-free. Although this is the case, it does not mean that you do not need to prepare. Keep in mind that you are traveling with limited items and the risks involved is greater.
Preparation is very important in any trip and taking your motorcycle is not an excuse. Aside from your leather jacket and Harley Davidson boots, here are some of the other things you need to remember:
1. The most important thing when going on a trip is to know where you are going. Find out how long it will take, what type of road you are going to deal with, and what kind of environment the road has. Be sure to know where to stop for food, drink, and gas.
2. Make sure that you and your motorcycle can handle the trip. If it is your first time to take that road, be sure that your friends or family knows where you are going. It would also be better if you travel with a fellow biker who has been in that road before. He will give you an estimate of how long the trip will take. He will also give you an assessment if your ride can handle the road.
3. Be sure to check your big bike before hitting the road. Check the engine, tires, clutch breaks, the gas, needed fluids, and everything about the motorcycle. It has to be in top shape to endure the long trip. Make sure you have a full tank. Take note of where you can stop for gas during the trip.
4. Prepare needed items as well. Even if you have checked your motorcycle before leaving, you still need to bring the necessary tools to make minor repairs. There is always a possibility for something to go wrong while you are on the road. Aside from that, bring a first aid kit as well. It is also important that you have water and food. Do not forget to bring your mobile phone too with extra batteries. You never know when you will need to call for help.
5. You have to prepare yourself as well. It is not enough that your motorcycle is in top condition. You have to be in top shape as well. Make sure that you had enough rest before the trip. You do not want to be sleepy while riding. Make sure that you eat high-energy food to keep you going. Remember to dress for the trip as well. Wear comfortable jeans, waterproof jacket, gloves, shades, Harley Davidson boots, and most importantly your helmet.
The most important thing when travelling long distance trips is to be safe. In order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself and your motorcycle. It is also important that you bring items that you will need in case anything bad will happen. You do not want anything to go wrong but you have to be ready for it just in case.